Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A Life with Pictures

In 2014, Dad bought himself a digital camera. He had been having a hard time getting around for a while at this point. And while I knew it, I realize now I didn't even begin to know the extent of it. This camera gave him something to do. He put up some bird feeders right off his back patio, and waited and watched and took pictures. I am no expert, but he had a good eye. Dad liked taking pictures of things - birds, scenery, nature - whereas I like taking pictures of people. So we would swap photos and talk about them.

One of the things he wanted help with once we came back from North Dakota was for me to help him load his pictures from his camera to his laptop and then upload them to his Google account. We both had been using Picasa by Google, but then Google morphed Picasa into something else and Dad didn't have the patience to deal with it. I hadn't been taking too many pictures with my camera, since my iPhone was much easier to tote around. 

Once Dad passed away, I really wanted to take a look at his pictures and get them loaded. My thinking was that I could upload them to his Google account, and then hopefully share some of them to his Facebook page, since that's what he had been wanting to do. 

But his Facebook page got deleted by my step sister before I was able to pull off any existing pictures, much less load new ones. But - last weekend, I finally got his camera and even though few of the people he cared about will see this post, I can at least upload some of his pictures here and I'll probably be sharing some on my Facebook. I'll create an album titled Dad's pictures and make it public. So if you know anyone that you think would like to see them, send them a link to this post and point them to my Facebook page.










No comments:

Post a Comment